In March of 2009, two hospitals and five rural, southwest Kansas communities of Wilmore, Englewood, Protection, Ashland and Coldwater banded together to form the WEPAC Alliance. The WEPAC Alliance promotes womens health, cancer awareness and provides resources for preventative cancer screenings. What began as a simple fundraiser for breast cancer awareness and early detection grew into the Hoops for Hope weekend that has gained the attention of regional and national media.Ashland Health Center in Ashland, KS and Comanche County Hospital in Coldwater, Kansas collectively serves these communities.

WEPAC Board of Directors

Kim Hazen - President - Protection
Beverly Clark - Vice President - Coldwater
Brenda Fry - Secretary - Coldwater
Debbie Filson - Treasurer - Ashland
Debbie York - Member - Wilmore
Carla Filson - Member - Protection
Debbie Trahern - Member - Ashland

Advisers

Benjamin Anderson, CEO, Ashland Health Center
Nancy Zimmerman, CEO, Commanche County Hospital

The WEPAC Alliance has partnered with the Kay Yow/WBCA Cancer Fund ®, a charitable organization committed to being part of finding an answer in the fight against women's cancer and founded by Coach Kay Yow, former women's basketball coach at North Carolina State University, to host its first annual WEPAC Hoops for Hope Event.

10% of all money raised will go to the Kay Yow Fund. The remaining 90% will go to the WEPAC Alliance, an orginization committed to paying for cancer-preventative care for any woman currently residing in Wilmore, Englewood, Protection, Ashland, and Coldwater.

New Digital Mammography and Dexa Coach

United Radiology Group has been making an important difference in the lives of people who live and work in Central Kansas since 1975. Their mission is to help get state-of-the art diagnostic services to communities like Ashland and Coldwater. They combine a spirit of innovation and their commitment to thorough, accurate results without having patients drive to far for high quality healthcare.

Ashland Health Center and Comanche County Hospital can now provide digital mammograms and bone density studies with the United Radiology Group. The new Digital Mammography and Dexa Coach will be in Ashland and Coldwater once a month to provide these services. Call for your appointment.